Thursday, March 19, 2009

BLAKE SINGS & SWINGS

Blake Smith wowed the audience at the Taylor Junior High Spring Concert last week. It was great fun to hear the performances, from serious concert stuff to the vivacious Teen Tones selections. Leanne & Eric laughed at the continuing tradition of special choreography that has graced the bleachers for many years; same bat songs, same bat dancing, but now it is Blake's happy posing face! He did such an excellent job, and we all had a good time listening to Hernando's Hideaway (memories of 9th grade Kevin). Luckily, Blake was paired with the tallest girl in choir, thus sparing her the dread of being twice as tall as her singing partner. Yay for tall boys!
We always look forward to Blake's concerts. He happily sings around the house in prep and then so happily shares his many talents with us and the world.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I LOVE the faces Blake! I hope I can catch one of those performances sometime. That Music Man experience is something I'll never forget. Well worth the 12 hour drive.